MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM PEST IT
It’s been a great year for Pest IT in what was a rather tough business environment. With the global financial crisis behind us all (we hope), 2010 looks like being a stellar year for all Australian businesses. We take this opportunity to convey to you all our best wishes for a happy, healthy and safe Christmas period. We also hope you have a wonderful New Year and that 2010 is a great year for family, business, community and Australia. A few extra birds, cockroaches and flies wouldn’t go astray either!
2009 IN REVIEW
In 2009 we launched two new web sites – www.EagleEyeBird.com.au and www.BirdBarrier.com.au to support our clients in the growing bird management industry. These new sites have generated several leads resulting in some large and profitable installations for our loyal clients. As these sites develop, traffic and therefore enquiries will increase and we will continue to pass on leads in the coming year.
PRODUCT LAUNCH – DURA-SPIKE
Our next major launch is a significant one – in January 2010 we introduce to Australia, Bird Barrier Dura-Spike - Stainless Steel Bird Spike. There have been few if any substantial new developments in bird spikes for some time. All current professional spikes owe their origin and design to the European and American market and therefore their local climatic conditions. It comes with great relief to introduce an all stainless steel spike. Given that even the best poly-carbonates have a limited life under Australia’s harsh ultra-violet (UV) conditions, Dura-Spike will be a hit with Australian pest managers and building owners alike. So impressed with the strength and durability of Dura-Spike, we have discontinued all plastic based spikes in our range. For basically the same price, why would you use anything but the most durable construction material – stainless steel.
- Highly durable 304-grade Stainless Steel
- 915mm (3-foot) lengths for faster installation
- Available in three sizes: Narrow (63.5mm), Wide (127mm) and a massive Extra-Wide (254mm)
- Spikes stack into a smaller box for easy handling and storage
- Glues to any surface with Bird Barrier Bond
- Great for signs and curved surfaces
- Incredibly affordable – comparable to plastic based spikes
- Designed for the harsh Australian ultra-violet (UV) conditions
- See the new product video at www.birdbarrier.tv/new
- Technical specifications available at www.BirdBarrier.com.au
In stock January 2010, order yours today – For details CLICK HERE
Christmas trading hours
As we have reported, Pest IT is moving to a new warehouse over the Christmas Period. Our office will be closed at 12 noon Thursday 24th December and reopen at the new Kirrawee warehouse Monday 4th January 2010. For any emergency product assistance, feel free to call 0438 66 56 57. We will be happy to assist as necessary.
Change of address
OUR NEW WAREHOUSE ADDRESS as of January 4, 2010 is:
Unit 5, 74-76 Oak Road Kirrawee, NSW 2232
PO Box 530 Bangalow, NSW 2479
(Please note the Cronulla PO Box will no longer be in use from this date.)
Phone: 1300 66 56 57
Fax: 1300 66 56 17
A NEW beginning AT PEST IT
Entering our seventh year in business, our decision to move from serviced logistics is all about our client focus. Our logistic partner Mainfreight has accomplished a great service and support program to date. However, the opportunity to have all our products housed under one roof and with deliveries and stock control handled internally, the end result will be a combination of the fast, efficient and personal service that you need. Open days, product demonstrations and greater options with training are just a few of our focuses for 2010. We hope you can drop by if you are in the area.
- Naturally we are excited the move to our own warehouse and the benefits it will bring our loyal clients
- The launch of Dura-Spike and several new products at the beginning of the year will also be a major highlight. Our next newsletter will include more information on these exciting new products.
- In 2010, Peter McCarthy celebrates 20 years of supplying the pest management Industry. He remains committed and still enjoys the challenge.
- In January we will launch the dates and details of our new 2 day Business of Bird Management courses. For the first time in Australia, a concentrated, practical and technical 2 day course will be on offer. This will incorporate topics including bird management techniques, pest bird species, installation planning, product specifications and selection, marketing and sales, access equipment, cleaning and safety and successful projects to name but a few. Courses will have limited seats as practical demonstrations will be a major focus. The course will include the accreditations for both Bird Barrier and Eagle Eye products and will be held mid-year. Locations include Byron Bay, Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne. Other centres will be held on demand. To register your interest, email info@pestIT.com. Our only suggestion is to get in early!
A GREAT PESTIE STORY
Recently, our Peter Mc and Dr Sal attended a social function in Newrybar, a local village near their home in the Byron Hinterland. A lovely chap asked what we did and pest management products and training was the obvious reply. We then received a wonderful insight into early pest management stemming back to the 1930’s to a local area called Tyagarah, just outside of Byron Bay. The man was in fact Jack Flick (son of William Flick) and we discussed the early use of arsenic on his parent’s farm. He mentioned how they introduced termite control to the local area, then the East Coast and remarkably to Perth. Crossing the Nullarbor, the Flick family risked life and limb to set up an agency in the West before a road across the Nullarbor even existed. This was something of an amazing (and absolutely crazy) feat in its time. Jack also discussed the early pest control association (UPCA) and the development of what we now know as the professional pest management industry. It was quite an amazing discussion and we look forward to more chats with Jack in the future.
From all of us at Pest IT, we wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy and peaceful New Year.
Dr Sali Bache, Kathy Bell, Peter McCarthy and Michael Harband
The Pest IT Customer Service Team
FOR MORE INFORMATION
We invite you to contact Pest IT for all your commercial pest management product requirements – Call 1300 66 56 57. For more information on Pest IT Pty Ltd or our range of products and services, please visit www.pestIT.com.
The Australian home of Killgerm, Bird Barrier, Eagle Eye™,
TERM-seal, Mosquito Slayer and PestWest products